Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACXTV

How to FIX the Bloody ROKU KISS OF DEATH SCREEN!! (Your channel only shows Search & About)

***HOW TO FIX THE KISS OF DEATH!!***
I've had this problem for months! And many of you have too!
  1. First thing I did was refresh the JSON link in the Roku dashboard... maybe you have to, or maybe you don't have to do this... I don't know... but I did it.
  2. On the "Preview and Publish" page of your channel, there is a hyperlink to download your channel again. I clicked the hyperlink. This will lead you to install your channel onto your Roku again.
  3. Then on your Roku player device go to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. It will update your Roku player device.
  4. Finally go to your Channel/App Menu. You should see a second icon for your channel. This is your new updated channel, with all your content, that should play now!... Viola!! You are back on online!!
  5. Delete the old dysfunctional icon that your content ghosted!
  6. Send Donations to the "Make Aaron Cox Rich Foundation" for saving your Roku channel!! Or at least give Aaron's Roku Channels "Models to Millionaires", "ACX Plus", or "ACX TV" a 5-star rating!! 😆✌️
You're welcome!... Peace & Love!!
2 REPLIES 2
Pola
Channel Surfer

Re: How to FIX the Bloody ROKU KISS OF DEATH SCREEN!! (Your channel only shows Search & About)

I always change an image in the branding images  to force version increment, then I check for updates on my roku and verify that the app version has changed from app information page.

Anyway no luck so far, still getting this death screen. 

0 Kudos
mike_rb
Channel Surfer

Re: How to FIX the Bloody ROKU KISS OF DEATH SCREEN!! (Your channel only shows Search & About)

Tried the above, no luck for me. I created a ticket with Partner Sucess over a month ago about this and never heard a word from them.

0 Kudos