Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tootie3473
Reel Rookie

How long does it take for a new Roku channel to get noticed?

Jump to solution

I have a new channel on Roku. About a week old. How long does it take  for a new Roku channel to get noticed? and can anyone offer any advice other than getting it published and sharing with friends and family. 

Thank you in advance,

Michelle 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: How long does it take for a new Roku channel to get noticed?

Jump to solution

It should be in the 'New & Notable' section, I believe for only 30 days. Then it just sits in its Category (Music, Education, Movies etc) in the Channel Store. Although, there it becomes buried under the hundreds of other channels already in that category, and with more installs than you, they rank higher. So 'get noticed' is an ambiguous term, the majority of your organic growth will occur when in the New & Notable section, then it tapers off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It should be in the 'New & Notable' section, I believe for only 30 days. Then it just sits in its Category (Music, Education, Movies etc) in the Channel Store. Although, there it becomes buried under the hundreds of other channels already in that category, and with more installs than you, they rank higher. So 'get noticed' is an ambiguous term, the majority of your organic growth will occur when in the New & Notable section, then it tapers off.

tootie3473
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply & Good to know. Well, any suggestions to stay noticeable other than share with friends and family?

0 Kudos