Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Feed Suddenly went down

@luiznicolau wrote:

What I don't understand is that this error only affects Direct Publisher channels, I have some SDK channels that use the same vimeo pro account and they are all ok, recently I created a channel on amazon also using the same link from vimeo and also the channels are live and being updated.
It may be a issue by vimeo, but I believe that Roku can also analyze and check their side, as this only happens with the direct publisher.

Even more strange is it doesn't even effect all DP channels. Without touching it, I had 1 go down a few weeks ago, didn't make any changes or updates. Just went down.  My other channel stayed up & remained intact. This is why I believe it has something to do with moving servers or data centers or something. Maybe they moved some to another server farm who cannot accomodate it.

$8000 wow?!   Was that a leap from $250?!   Someone else had a similar issue, didn't realize their bandwidth was that high.  What do you run, Tubi or Crackle or something?!   j/k, you don't have to say.

0 Kudos
luiznicolau
Binge Watcher

Hi @37mediagroup,

My DP channels are live, but they don't update, even if I change the JSON, the videos are still active, but the new videos don't appear.

I have some channels of churches, do not have a large number of views, but they have many videos, another thing I noticed is that as the DP updates several times a day, he reindexes the videos and I believe that counts as access on vimeo.

Another thing, I have a very large number of accesses coming from Ashburn, Virginia, far above any other region, I believe this is related to the DP update many times a day, someone else who uses Vimeo, also has access Ashburn high?

Captura de Tela 2020-04-15 às 12.40.01.png

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Yeah, I have a ton of Ashburn, VA. It's gotta be some sort of server farm or data indexer.

0 Kudos
luiznicolau
Binge Watcher

Looking at some channels that updated after 7:00 pm, I believe that the hour time that appears on the developer's website is local to my computer, the updated channels are not showing any more errors, let's see if this has really been solved.

Captura de Tela 2020-04-15 às 20.09.03.png

0 Kudos