Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucka84
Binge Watcher

Feed Suddenly went down

My channel has been up and running for over a year.  It auto ingested at 4:21PM today and everything ingested fine.  It went to auto ingest again at 5:43PM and everything failed.  It is saying "required video url is unreachable" for all of my videos, and also errors saying no valid items were found in the feed.  I am hosting with Vimeo Pro but my JSON is created on Wordpress.  All my links/video types are HLS.  Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what is causing it or how I fix it?  The videos work fine for me when I go to the video links in my JSON feed and I did not change anything between the time it was working and the time it went down.  Thanks for any help.

43 REPLIES 43
chucka84
Binge Watcher

Re: Feed Suddenly went down

roku.jpg

HalGatewood
Reel Rookie

Same issue for me. Vimeo videos, json hosted on my site.Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.48.32 PM.jpg

Feed URL: https://bibletalk.tv/cache/roku.json

IndieCentral
Channel Surfer

Also receiving the same.  I've tried switching my Feed URL from my WP Smart TV generated URL, to my Vimeo Business account showcase feed URL, and lastly, directly to the .json file hosted on my server.  I'm still getting the same result:Screenshot 2020-03-18 15.30.04.png

Any updates on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

IndieCentral
Channel Surfer

Will do.

0 Kudos
chucka84
Binge Watcher

I sent a support request first thing this morning.  Hopefully it can be resolved.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Thanks for posting this. I was just on mine a day or two ago & all was fine. Another channel seems to work, although oddly in the developer portal that one has the errors - missing url warning, but the videos still play. Likely a 6 hour cache issue.

I send an email as well, will post back if I hear anything. Hopefully we hear something before the weekend.

I'll say, it's getting tougher & tougher each time. I speak for alot of us when I say I mostly am in it for the challenge & intrinsic motivation anymore ("Doing It"), rather than any real money.  The constant bugs, uninformed blackouts, errors due to backend platform updates, they just always seem so ill timed. I hope it isn't an issue between Vimeo & Roku (I doubt it as Vimeo seems to offer json feeds for Roku DP), as I'm not sure I can re-upload to a new host & re-code everything. Just overwhelming to redo but we'll see. Hopefully just a glitch that's fixed easy peasy. 

Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@HalGatewoodYour Json feed file has some problems.

• Your release date does not reflect the Json spec (YYYY-MM-DD).
  • You've incorrectly formatted the Credit object.  It's actually an array.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
HalGatewood
Reel Rookie

Good catches! Thanks!!

0 Kudos
chucka84
Binge Watcher

Sorry, forgot to post my feed url... it is http://www.votvnetwork.club/wp-json/tv/roku/

0 Kudos