Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_rb
Channel Surfer

Feed Limitations Issues

Hello all. I have a couple of questions about your feeds. Our channel has about 5000 items in our feed. However, in September our channel stopped adding new content, even though the feed status is fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue with large amounts of video or should we limit our videos per category as this is the response I got from Roku

"Thank you for the information. Can you also confirm that you're aware of the limit of categories and content in each category for Direct Publisher channels?
Is there a limit on how many categories/rows or videos I can have in a Direct Publisher channel?

Best,

Jen | Partner Success Manager"

Shouldn't the feed allow you to show all of your video content? I'm not fully understanding the reason for our feed not updating. If the limit is only 40 videos per category, our feed would have stopped displaying video posted back in 2007.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Feed Limitations Issues

@AaronMSpelling Not quite true.   Since an "element" can be a Series of Seasons and Episodes, you can effectively have more than 1000 videos.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos