Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Direct publisher not loading 2022

Roku doesn't read or respond to posts in here. You're best bet is to take the sample feed, and trim it down to a 1 or 2 sample video feed using your own URLs for video & thumbnail. As someone else said, change ID to something like "001".

The biggest issue you'll likely run into is knowing when and when not to add a comma (generally it means more related info will follow, and no comma kinda means like full stop/onto the next subject). With that said tho, AFAIK DP still works as a whole. kinks & bugs, yeah there are some of those.

skdidi
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried trimming down the Roku feed to one item, and testing different configurations on different channels. I got it to work on one channel, but when i tried the exact same json feed on a different channel, it did not work. Go figure. 

Does anyone know if the version number on the "Preview and Publish" page has anything to do with it? How can I get this bumped up? I tried changing the ID's on the json feed and clicking the "Refresh Now" button on the Feed Status. From what I can tell, that button does not do anything.

Anyways, am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I think it re-reads the feeds every 6 hours or so. So if you hit 'Publish', it may not update right away.

Not sure about one channel updating and not the other. Possibly it was related to the 6 hours, so if you wait a little longer. Tough to troubleshoot on a whim, but if ones working thats progress. Maybe resubmit the other and wait overnight.

0 Kudos