Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmagrw
Visitor

Direct Publisher to SDK

Hi all,

I've succesfully created a Channel with Direct Publisher. Now I want to extent it with my own "features" and changed it to SDK in the "Manage Channels" section.
Is there a simple way to extract the code from the Rokudevice, so that I can build the Package.zip? Or can I find it somewhere on https://github.com/rokudev/sample-channels?

Thanks for helping me!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher to SDK

I haven't played with the SDK in quite a while, but, I think you should be able to get access to the code if you use Eclipse and a Telnet client.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mmagrw
Visitor

I use eclipse and telnet! 
The link you gave is for packaging a sideloaded code. The code from Direct Publisher comes directly from the Roku Account onto the Roku Device.
Where can I find the source files created with Direct Publisher on the device and are there any commands to copy those files directly from the device in order to modify it for further improvement?
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

I would be very surprised if Roku provides the Direct Publisher channel source code, as it's likely that it contains calls to internal-use-only API functions. It might even be written with the NDK instead of the SDK.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos