Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Direct Publisher Json Feed Merge

DPFeedMerge (Direct Publisher Feed Merge) version 1.0.0.0 has been released.  This software extracts the "merge" function from the Json Feed Manager for Direct Publisher and makes it available as a stand-alone program.  With this software, you can merge two or more JSON feed files into one feed file.  This can be helpful for Vimeo showcase users who are faced with managing multiple feed files, one for each showcase.  Effectively, multiple showcases can be combined into one feed file and thus available as one Roku channel.

After combining the feed files, it is recommended that 'categories' and 'tags' be defined within the newly merged file. 

Support is provided through Discussion and Issue forums.  Please do not ask questions here as they will be ignored.

NOTE:  This software is not affiliated with or endorsed by Roku.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
4 REPLIES 4
Beyondthegame
Reel Rookie

Re: Direct Publisher Json Feed Merge

Thank you for this. Is there any step by step tutorial on what to do, how to create category names, insert content etc etc etc. I’m a novice as it pertains to doing this and I want to learn as I’m trying to publish content to a Roku channel. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

This product is meant for anyone who would like to merge existing Json feed files into one file thus creating one channel from multiple showcases.  Typically, that would be Vimeo showcase users.  Support info is available here.

If you are starting from scratch, you should read the Roku docs starting with the DP overview.  Then, decide on how you would like to create and manage your feed file(s).  There are many available options on this forum that can help with that.  Read some posts and look at the signature at the bottom of the post.  Lots of developers are offering FREE and paid solutions to help you.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Beyondthegame
Reel Rookie

Thanks for replying. I have searched high and low to the answer many people have which is how do you put content in separate categories when using Vimeo as the hosting site. 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I don't use Vimeo. It's my understanding that the feed file that is generated by Vimeo contains tags for one category, but, does not define the actual category. You'll need to define the category and associate the tags with it. That can be done within the Roku developer portal, or more easily, within the feed file. There's lots of Roku docs that explain categories.

0 Kudos