Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CandR
Channel Surfer

Developer Training Videos Displayed on Newly Published DP Channel

As the subject says, I've created a new (first time doing so) DP channel that's been reviewed, published, and accessible in the channel store. However, when launching it, 35 of the developer video tutorials available on the developer web portal are being displayed in the default "Most Popular" and "Recently Added" rows/categories.

Obviously, I do NOT want viewers to see these, just the content I've entered in to my json feed file. So, how do I remove these unwanted videos that clearly have no entries in my json feed?

If these videos are not displayed to regular viewers, but somehow only to me as the developer with my Roku Express linked to my account, then how do I prevent them being displayed even to me?

The DP channel in question is "Come And Reason"

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Developer Training Videos Displayed on Newly Published DP Channel

Are you saying that your channel displays videos that are not defined in your feed file?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
CandR
Channel Surfer

Yes, exactly. Here's the feed. https://comeandreason.com/roku/roku_cnr_feed.json 

And this is what my channel looks like (Roku Dev. Mode is NOT enabled on the device)...

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

This looks like a Roku bug. I know that they have released at least one update to the OS recently. Have you tried updating the device? There may be an update available for you.

Additionally, have you checked to see if the problem exists on other devices?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
CandR
Channel Surfer

Yes, the device was updated this morning to ensure the channel and feed were current. There were no new OS installs at that time.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If the only videos you see are the Roku developer ones, I would check that you're pointing to the correct url in the developer's portal 

I think you'll need to contact Roku partner success to resolve this.

0 Kudos
CandR
Channel Surfer

The feed (per link above) is correct, otherwise the channel would not be changing as I update the feed file (it is being ingested every 6 hours and displays no errors in Feed Status).

0 Kudos
CandR
Channel Surfer

I just sent Partner Success this report.

0 Kudos