Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smill22

Weather Channel location is off using my Spectrum account

Just started using Roku and added my Spectrum Channels. While watching the Weather channel - I found that the weather locations is 6 hours away from me - can this be corrected? It is correct on the Spectrum box.

3 REPLIES 3
slpt031265

Re: Weather Channel location is off using my Spectrum account

Mine has gone from being local, (East Coast) to somewhere in the Midwest.  I have ROKU, and Spectrum.  Roku said it's a Spectrum issue.  I just want to fix it.  It just switched today.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @slpt031265

We appreciate your contact!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help to get the updated version. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could go to IP Address Lookup | Geolocation (iplocation.net) and enter your IPv4 address then hit "IP Lookup". Contact the one who's giving the wrong info to the Weather Channel, assuming you find it in the results it returns.

0 Kudos