Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilBitt
Reel Rookie

Roku goes to home screen while file sharing (playing saved filed from device)

I have done it for the last 3 years but now all of a sudden the last 3 days. Every time I try to play a downloaded saved from my phone movie 3-5 times roku just goes to the home screen movie will say stop on device im sharing fom, have to select it and start from beginning and fast forward to get to where I was before. I've tried it for the last 3 days (multiple different files even files I've shared and gotten through start to finish before without any issues) it'll play sometimes 15 minutes then disconnect. Longest it's gone without going to the home screen was 18 minutes. Which if you go to a 2 hour movie its annoying af specially being the timer isn't always showing so you have to guess where to fast forward to and roku doesn't go off seconds only minutes and hours. (Also no updates available and last update was 2 weeks ago Jan 7,2020)  but was working fine after the update, 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku goes to home screen while file sharing (playing saved filed from device)

@LilBitt

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LilBitt
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku goes to home screen while file sharing (playing saved filed from device)

TCL tv. And I'm using a Samsung s20 ultra , movies and shows I have saved in the phi e itself. Like whe. You click the  devices option. It asks for media videos and pictures I think, anyways I didn't have this issue before and it's almost every 12 minutes no matter if I let my phone lock screen pop up or if I keep it active the entire time and have nothing else open or running. Just stay on the original screen where the option to pause ff and rew is available. I've hard reset tv (unplugged)gor a period of time.  I even removed network n readded it. I've never had this issue before just out of no where started happening.  And when I decide to do screen. Mirror it does the same thing (and I've tried with other devices as well samsung fold 2 and Samsung s20+ as well as a Samsung s10 and i made sure to forget each device and reset everything in between testing each device. 

0 Kudos
LilBitt
Reel Rookie

Also have the original roku remote that came with tv however for the device to play files go to roku app on phone, click the tv, then click devices, then video. Choose which movie/video I want n that's how I've always done it. And with screen mirror I just click "smart view" on my phone the tv pops up I click it the connecting bar sometimes loads sometimes gets stuck halfway then I have to turn off t.v  n try again and it'll usually work but it doesn't stay connected long enough even for a 30 Minute show. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LilBitt

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LilBitt
Reel Rookie

Screenshot_20220127-221109_Gallery.jpg

20220127_220549.jpg

0 Kudos