Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ccomp
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 won't show video but I can hear sound when I click pause button

I'm trying to stream/cast from my Samsung phone using the allcast app to my roku 3. It's worked just fine until the last few months. Now when it tries it doesn't change or show video on the TV, but when I click a pause or any buttons in the app you can hear it on the TV. I have a roku stick which works perfectly fine with no issues. How can I get my roku 3 back to working like normal? I've done everything in suggestions outside of a factory reset. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 3 won't show video but I can hear sound when I click pause button

@Ccomp

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What is the specific Roku model device that you are seeing this issue occur? When not casting, are you seeing the same issue occur? Are you trying to cast specific content and you see this happen, or does it happen regardless what you are trying to cast? Can you provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried using another HDMI port and cable to see if the issue persists?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos