Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phelix

Please tell me how to get change the buzzlight year theme on my Roku.

Jump to solution

Someone better tell me how to get buzzlight year off my Roku before I throw all 5 of them in the trash. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fjb1776

Re: Please tell me how to get change the buzzlight year theme on my Roku.

Jump to solution

This happened to me too, so now I'm here.  I don't approve of Roku arbitrarily changing my background or changing any of my other settings to promote

I figured out how to turn this off.  I went to:

Settings > Theme > Wallpaper Updates > Off

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fjb1776

Jump to solution

This happened to me too, so now I'm here.  I don't approve of Roku arbitrarily changing my background or changing any of my other settings to promote

I figured out how to turn this off.  I went to:

Settings > Theme > Wallpaper Updates > Off

DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I feel exactly the same way that you do, I am sick & tired of seeing buzz  advertised and splattered all over everything.  Especially Roku!. It’s been there for days, all day!  

If you’re talking about the Buzz wallpaper 🤬 you can go to setting & change that in theme packs. 

ROKU STOP with the BL - We don’t care to watch it—

ENOUGH ALREADY

DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah I had turned off the wallpaper right away,  but there’s still a big Advertisement to the side. On the right side it has been constantly there day after day the same movie pushed!

Since many parents do not approve of us having a clickable ad to the side & a background auto change it is a slap in the face. 

AMOCO_14
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for this solution, I really hate my background (Wallpaper) being changed automatically. Now I have my graphite wallpaper permanently.