Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alrod
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Did this on all 3 Roku devices and still does not work. (Streaming +, Express, and Sharp Roku TV). How about a drop back to 10.0?

alexhoward

[OS 10.5] Roku TV Wifi connectivity problems after 10.5 update?

Jump to solution

I seem to be experiencing wifi connectivity issues that I think manifested after the 10.5 update. There seem to be a few issues where people are having some network problems but I just wanted to confirm if they're seeing the same behavior and if it's been identified by Roku Support. I have a TCL 50S423/Roku TV 7130X running 10.5.0 build 4201-30, connecting via wifi to a Netgear Orbi mesh router and satellite. Pretty regularly over the last couple of weeks, at least, I have had issues with the TV losing it's connection to the wifi after it has been off for awhile (like overnight). When I say "off", I do have Fast Start enabled, so I know it's technically more asleep than off. When I try to reconnect to the wifi, it sees the network, shows it has good or excellent signal strength, remembers the credentials, but fails to connect to the network. However, after a simple restart, it connects immediately every time. I have no other indications that there is something wrong with the wifi network as other devices are fine. I've read of people having connectivity issues that they associate with 10.5 but haven't seen anyone mention a restart (via settings -> power -> system restart) restoring it

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi connectivity problems after 10.5 update?

Jump to solution

I don't seem to have this problem with my TCL Roku Tv.

The only suggestion I can come up with is to try disabling both options under Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings and see if it makes any difference.

(I'm especially suspicious your "Turn off after 4 hours" setting, if you have it enabled, is not really getting disabled by the "Fast start" option like it days it will.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HJYUhjyu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Reset my TV to factory settings, and then followed the process to reconnect. Previous apps were still there and downloaded to my device. Question is will the 10.5.0 update try to update it again.. Time will tell.

0 Kudos
HJYUhjyu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

LAST UPDATE for 10.5.0: yes, my Roku TV is now working with the latest 10.5.0 update.. Yea.

0 Kudos
valcurrent

Jump to solution

Thanks--I'll wait, check, and try again

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've checked for a manual update, but there are no new updates when I check. Pretty much most of my apps - Disney, Prime (which gives me an error message in German for some reason), Netflix, Shudder and HBO Max all crash and won't start, just giving me error messages. YouTube TV takes 20 seconds to load, and 30 seconds changing between channels. Roku TV is connected via ethernet cable, internet signal is excellent. None of this occurred before the update. My Roku TV is as follows:

7130X

TCL Model 50S425

Serial Number YNOOV4129299

Software Version 10.5.0, build 4201-30

Can you help me? Otherwise, it's time to switch to Chromecast. I have four Rokus in my household and they are used (and when the time comes, replaced with new Rokus) regularly. This is so frustrating I will be looking to switch to another streamer if it's not fixed. Thank you.

CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

FYI if you get internet through Comcast they will send you a box and new remote for free and you can stream your channels without all the nonsense ROKU puts us through.

devenson5

Jump to solution

I suspect this is an issue CREATED by Comcast.  I went back to Wisconsin (AT&T) for Thanksgiving and the Roku Ultra in that house worked perfectly with 10.5.  So I brought that unit back to Florida (Comcast Xfinity) and it immediately ran like a pig.  Slow loading menus, buffering between commercials, etc.

Looked at "stats for nerds" and it showed 60mb to 105mb connection speed to the google servers. 

Roku about shows "excellent" WIFI and 89mb connection speed.

When I conect the Roku to a hotspot off my phone it works fine.

0 Kudos
Psugalen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is getting to be beyond ridiculous!!  After I finally was able to find the 10.0 version of the software and roll back my device, it was happy for about a week and then it automatically checked and found the 10.5 version update again yesterday and broke my roku television once more. Are we going to have to keep cycling like this?