Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALowWX
Reel Rookie

Miracast - Connecting PC to Roku Help

Jump to solution

I have ensured that my Windows 10 PC has miracast capabilities and am trying to connect it to my roku. It is showing up in the connect window on my laptop but when I click connect it just says "Connection failed. Try reconnecting in the action center." What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Miracast - Connecting PC to Roku Help

Jump to solution

I have found the problem! Disable the McAfee firewall. At least that is what worked for me.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Casting From Windows 11 to ROKU Premiere

Jump to solution

I recently update my Surface Tablet to Windows 11 and can no longer cast (mirror) to my ROKU Premier.

The ROKU op system is updated to the latest version.

Mirroring to the ROKU with Windows 10 worked perfectly.

Here's what happens. Casting (Windows Key + K, then selecting the ROKU device from a list) with Windows 11 begins to work. The TV screen changes to a video connection page, a status bar moves about 1/3 of the way across its path and then freezes. Eventually, the casting status on the PC gives a message stating it could not connect and the TV returns the screen to the ROKU home page.

Is the problem with Windows 11 or the ROKU?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Smoman03

Re: Casting From Windows 11 to ROKU Premiere

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my HP Windows 11 PC

lisa253
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue with HP windows 11.

0 Kudos
grosseter

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with ROKU Ultra

0 Kudos
Mawcul
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same frustration with my new Lenovo win 11 Yogi laptop! Has anyone figured this out?

njsparling

Jump to solution

Same here.  I was actually able to use it in the beginning of my use with W11.  Got new W11 computer in November, by December couldn't cast anymore.

0 Kudos
HRivers19

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue with my new HP laptop and my Roku TV. My old laptop and my phone and tablet still connect just fine, but my laptop has the exact same issue. Has anyone figured this out yet?

0 Kudos
beauknowsdiddly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am having the same issue as donnygreen. It worked beautifully when running Windows 10. Only then it was, project or connect but it worked just great for years. Now since the Windows 11 install it's now called cast and it only loads on my tv screen about a 3rd of the way and that's it! Bummer. Any answers yet?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have found the problem! Disable the McAfee firewall. At least that is what worked for me.