Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MVK
Reel Rookie

AirPlay not connecting since 10.5 Update

Have RokuTV C232X, have always used AirPlay on the tv (past 11 months), but since the last update was done, I cannot connect with AirPlay or Screen Mirror.  Same with the rest of my family.  We are all on the same network, tv connected with Ethernet cable, phones on WiFi network.  

When going into the Settings - Apple AirPlay and HomeKit, the AirPlay logo comes up on screen for a few seconds then goes back to the Settings screen, not even putting me into the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings Page.  

When I utilize the Roku app, I can share photos/video with the TV through that, so I don’t believe it is a network sharing issue.

How can I rectify this situation?  Very frustrating to say the least.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TCL 32" won't screen cast, 10.5 update

Hi @Ericalanthepro,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, please provide the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times), steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing, and Can you also provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Once we have these additional details we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate team.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ronbo1000

Re: Roku Express screen mirroring not working

I’m having the same problem. Screen mirroring from Samsung z flip 3 . It will be frozen on the page that you are on. 

0 Kudos
mpnine
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

My 2020 TCL 6-series with Roku OS 10.5 also seems to have broken Airplay and HomeKit since the 10.5 update. It no longer shows up in my Apple Home app and when I got to the Airplay and HomeKit menu in the TV settings, nothing happens. Build is 4201. My Roku 4K sticks and Express all work fine on the same software version. 

My TCL Tv info:

Model: A113X - Roku TV

serial number - X0030087U7RL (505EY087U7L)

software version 10.5.0 build 4201-88

Issue ID RL-480-462

0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

My TVs are also back to "No Response" in HomeKit after auto-updating to 10.5 build 4208 overnight.

I wish I could of stayed on 10.0 that I was able to roll back to last week!

Any resolution yet??

0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

HomeKit/Airplay functionality lost in auto-update to 10.5. HomeKit reports device as "No Response".

My TCL Tv info:

Model: 7118X - Roku TV

serial number - YS006X295838 (FT28A6295838)

software version 10.5.0 build 4208-30

Issue ID 38-480-796

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express screen mirroring not working

@Ronbo1000

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Screen mirror your Android or Windows device

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mpnine @mnw999,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being! 

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
mnw999
Streaming Star

Thanks @RokuMary-F 

Looking forward to a resolution.

Sure is a bummer to get jerked around with the updates and then rolling back to 10.0 only to be forced back to 10.5 

0 Kudos
peacelisah

Can you just give some kind of solution to the questions asked?

0 Kudos