Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erik_yeverino
Reel Rookie

Hisense roku tv won't mirror with my phone

When I use my smart view feature to try to mirror to my roku tv, it doesn't pop up as an option. It was working just a few works ago but now it doesn't. 

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense roku tv won't mirror with my phone

@Erik_yeverino 

What is your phone model and OS version?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Erik_yeverino
Reel Rookie

Android galaxy s9

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Erik_yeverino 

Not being one that uses Samsung phones, I'm going to be very limited with my contributions. However, I do see that Samsung calls their implementation "Smart View" as you indicated, and that it was working, but now isn't.

Has there been a software update to your Samsung phone? Check the settings and see if it shows when your last software update was. And if that date corresponds to the approximate time it last worked. Keep in mind that unless you use the feature often, there may be two overlapping windows in play. That is, if the update was, say, June 1, and you used the mirror feature on June 15, then it's not that update. But, if the update was June 1, and you noticed it not working on June 15, but you haven't used it since May 3rd, then it could be the update.

Check the dates, considering not just when you found it not working, but also when you actually did use it last.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."