Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobC911

HDMI and HDCP issue, error 020 and no signal detected from HDMI

First screen on power on is usually no signal from HDMI 1. pressing the ok button takes you to home screen. have followed all self-help steps to set tv source to HDMI 1. Second problem relates to HDCP. only when I go to the Spectrum icon, the HDCP error 020 screen pops up. You can still hear the audio but the only way to correct is to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. This is very annoying.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: HDMI and HDCP issue, error 020 and no signal detected from HDMI

Hi @BobC911

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KennyBroh

I’m having the same problem and the power is from the wall with the supplied adaptor and cable. I’ve tried disconnecting the cables and power and tried it on a second TV. 

Nothing helps. I’m about to return it. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KennyBroh,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku device receiving an error message of "HDCP", kindly provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cheryl7

I have the same issue. But it isn’t just when I go to spectrum. Has anyone got any suggestions for this? Why can’t we get communications from the Roku company?!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cheryl7

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? 
-What Roku model device are you using? Is this a new Roku device, or have you had this for a while?

-What is your TV resolution?
-When did you start seeing this issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos