Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevem13
Reel Rookie

Discontinuing Roku Streaming Stick updates???????

Jump to solution

I received an email from Roku saying the streaming sticks will soon:

This device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. You can keep using your current Roku player to stream the channels you currently have. However, you may lose access to some channels over time as those channel partners make updates.  

They've offered me a discount on other Roku players. I currently have 4 streaming stick plus devices (including one just a year old), which work so well and are so convenient in the small format. What do we think about this. Not clear from the emails whether this applies to the +(plus) sticks too, or are just the older sticks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Discontinuing Roku Streaming Stick updates???????

Jump to solution

Hi there!

Customers who purchased a Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3500X), Roku 1 (Model 2710X), Roku 2 (Model 2720X) or Roku LT (Model 2700X) would have received this email. These players will continue to stream and receive critical updates, but will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates.

Other Roku player models not mentioned above will continue to receive all software updates.

To see your Roku model number, check the side of your device, or navigate to Home > Settings > System > About.

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Allessio77
Channel Surfer

Roku Premiere no longer supported??

Jump to solution

I got an email today saying my Roku device (Roku Premiere) will not longer be supported, meaning there will be no further updates to the device or it apps.

Is this a scam email or legit?

emmet7

Re: Roku Premier no longer supported??

Jump to solution

I got this also but no telephone to call at Roku

0 Kudos
Debbied88

Jump to solution

I would like to know this as well.

0 Kudos
adanze79

Jump to solution

I just received the same email. If you could let me know if the email is valid or not.

0 Kudos
twinpat

Jump to solution

I got the same message about Roku 2. I have no idea if my Roku model 4800 will be compatible.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine is less than a yr and I got the email. Seriously if they're only lasting  year I will find other devices that work. This is unacceptable to have to pay every 6 months for a new device.  

Jump to solution

Got the same email. Not clear if 4K and 4K+ sticks are included. I just bought a 4K on Amazon in June, 2022. Amazon still lists them as of today, 8-15-2022.

Amazon.com: Roku Streaming Stick 4K 2021 | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remo...

0 Kudos
DaniC2022

Jump to solution

I also received an email (8/15/22) on how the Roku Streaming stick is no longer supported for updates.   Please give the MODEL number of the soon to be unsupported model.  I have 5 of your devices.  Need to know which one.   Plus this will decide if I buy again Roku or another device.    Not nice to keep doing this to customers.

jcdvt

Jump to solution

I got this email as well, and I just bought this off Walmart.com about 1.5 years ago (The Roku SE). I’ll be p’oed if it is for the model I’m using. I’m hoping it is regarding one that I bought many years ago and never used. 

0 Kudos