Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Banyon

Direct TV - Automatic return to homepage

How do I get my DIRECTV stream app on my ROKU express to stop returning to the Home Screen each time I turn my TV off?  I want it to stay on the same channel. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Direct TV - Automatic return to homepage

Follow these steps:

1. Remove the app.  
2. Settings -> System -> Power (If not applicable, skip to the next step!) -> System Restart.  
3. Reinstall the app once the device is restarted.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Direct TV - Automatic return to homepage

@Banyon-

Rokus have a feature called the "Bandwidth saver" that kicks in when the Roku has received no user input in four hours. It asks if you are still watching, and if it receives no response, it exits the current stream and returns the Roku to its home page. At that point, further inactivity may trigger the screensaver if you have one enabled.

You can turn this feature on and off via Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver

Note that some individual channels may have a similar feature.  I don't have Directv Stream, so I don't know if it has it's own similar "are you still watching" feature.

I would suggest, though, that when done viewing, you at least return that channel to its start page before turning off the tv. This is to prevent it from streaming unwatched content and putting an unnecessary strain on both your own internet connection, that channel's own servers, and everything in between.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X