Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbread99

Can I create a custom 'Welcome Home' screen on my TV?

Jump to solution

I am bringing home a new foster child into the house soon. Is there a function in the ROKU software or an app that I can download that I can use to welcome her into the house on the TV I have in that room?  Something very similar to we see when we check into some hotels and the TV says "welcome Mr. X, enjoy your stay".

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I create a custom 'Welcome Home' screen on my TV?

Jump to solution

Hi there! 

Thanks for reaching out! There is a feature we offer called Guest Mode, which will allow you to set up a custom welcome screen on the Home screen. You can see more about how to set up and use Guest Mode in our support center here.

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I create a custom 'Welcome Home' screen on my TV?

Jump to solution

Hi there! 

Thanks for reaching out! There is a feature we offer called Guest Mode, which will allow you to set up a custom welcome screen on the Home screen. You can see more about how to set up and use Guest Mode in our support center here.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
SWLinPHX
Channel Surfer

Guest Mode Custom Welcome Message Error

Jump to solution

Except the guest mode custom welcome message feature has not worked for a long time. It is a known issue and tells everyone that there is a “publishing error and cannot be published at this time”.

https://www.homeescape.com/m/resortvacationrentalsptc/
menotti
Reel Rookie

Re: Guest Mode Custom Welcome Message Error

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Is it ever going to be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@menotti

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue happening?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
SWLinPHX
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's nothing hard to explain.   After you select and type in your custom guest welcome message and submit it an error notice pops up saying "there is a publishing error and it cannot be published at this time”.

Have you tried it on the consumer end yourself?  Don't you get the error message too or are you able to make it work from the public end?

https://www.homeescape.com/m/resortvacationrentalsptc/

Jump to solution

Doesn't work for me, either. Get it together Roku.

menotti
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@SWLinPHX wrote:

It's nothing hard to explain.   After you select and type in your custom guest welcome message and submit it an error notice pops up saying "there is a publishing error and it cannot be published at this time”.

Have you tried it on the consumer end yourself?  Don't you get the error message too or are you able to make it work from the public end?

Yep - exactly this.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ademcjade

Jump to solution

RokuMary, any updates from the Roku programming team on the inability to publish custom welcome messages for the Guest Mode screen?

0 Kudos