Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocknrollguy
Channel Surfer

subscription settings not working - no support response

Hopefully someone can assist here, as I have written 3 x to Roku support without any response.

I switched my channel to a yearly subscription requirement on April 1st. Despite having hundreds of tune-ins every day, only a handful have paid, and apparently the majority are somehow bypassing the payment requirement and still accessing my audio station (it is not a video channel).

I'd be happy to give additional info if you can assist.

Shawn Nagy's Super Oldies 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: subscription settings not working - no support response

If I look at your app in the channel store I see "Buy $11.99".  You have something messed up in your app settings.  Usually subscription apps are free to add and then prompt the user to subscribe.  You'd need to use GetPurchases from roChannelStore to see if the user has an active subscription.  I don't think I can explain everything necessary here.  Maybe someone else would like to take a shot at it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rocknrollguy
Channel Surfer

I'll gladly pay if someone can help get it working properly.

0 Kudos
rocknrollguy
Channel Surfer

email "Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community! We'll be glad to further assist you with the problem".

Then after I respond, they don't write back. Roku support is brutally bad!

0 Kudos
rocknrollguy
Channel Surfer

My channel was supposed to have been changed to a yearly subscription requirement April 1st. It passed the static test. While 5 people have paid, there are still dozens accessing the channel WITHOUT paying. How are they accessing the stream and bypassing the required payment? Do I need a new app so previous installers have to reinstall and are required to pay? I need someone to look at my settings to see where the issue lies, but for 16 days have received the same copy & paste "we're here to help" without any progress or person to person correspondence to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos