Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyS
Visitor

roListScreen poster position

Can the poster in roListScreen be offset (a bit more down and to the left)? It seems to be aligned to the top right corner?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roListScreen poster position

Sounds like maybe you're talking about the background image, not the poster. The background image (HDBackgroundImageUrl, SDBackgroundImageUrl) is anchored to the top right corner and you can't change that. Posters (HDPosterUrl, SDPosterUrl) are more or less centered on the right half of the screen.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

If you have control over the image, you could add transparent pixels to the top and right to offset it from the top right of the screen.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
GuyS
Visitor

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuChris" wrote:
Sounds like maybe you're talking about the background image, not the poster. The background image (HDBackgroundImageUrl, SDBackgroundImageUrl) is anchored to the top right corner and you can't change that. Posters (HDPosterUrl, SDPosterUrl) are more or less centered on the right half of the screen.

Thank you, RokuChris -
i found in your answer the solution to a problem of mine.

Unfortunately documentation does not mention specifically what content attributes are supported in roListScreen. I found the undocumented (it is not mentioned in RTFM) "ListScreen" example - but it does not use HDPosterUrl and SDPosterUrl, which is what i needed.

Since i doubt docs on this will be fixed soon, for posterity here is a list of attributes that i found to work:

• Title

• HDPosterUrl

• SDPosterUrl

• ShortDescriptionLine1

• ShortDescriptionLine2

• HDBackgroundImageUrl

• SDBackgroundImageUrl

• SDSmallIconUrl

• HDSmallIconUrl
Btw if somebody gets to updating the doc... would be great to include screen mockup with areas labeled - which attribute goes where.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

This is mostly documented in the Content Meta-Data section, except for the HD/SD SmallIconURL. Note that some of these meta-data items may not work on legacy.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
This is mostly documented in the Content Meta-Data section, except for the HD/SD SmallIconURL.

You can take my word as a beginner: I read Content Meta-Data beforehand and honestly it did not help. It is unclear which of the myriad attributes apply to roListScreen and which don't. Unlike roAppManager, which has a column for that.
0 Kudos