Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awaddell
Visitor

problem trying to submit channel

Hi all, I've been working on a new channel and I'm now ready to submit it for approval as a public channel.

I'm running into a snag on the Add a Public Channel Page (https://owner.roku.com/Developer/Apps/C ... ublic=True)

The error is on the Channel Name field:
"Roku requires that names for channels within the Channel Store are unique. The name you have selected for your channel is not available. Please select a different name."

I'm fairly certain that the name I'm using, "RockinShare" should be unique. We are a new startup and we own the domain and trademark for this. I've published a few private channels over the course of the last few months with RockinShare in the name.. but always something like "Rockin Alpha" etc.

Hopefully this is just a little database issue that can be fixed. I have deleted all my private channels if that helps.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: problem trying to submit channel

Hello,

I see in our channels database that you successfully created a channel by this name on 11/18 (same day you posted this). Are you still having problems?

If so, please PM RokuPatrick, RokuJoel, or myself for assistance.

Cheers,
Jon
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: problem trying to submit channel

FYI to anyone creating channels: Channel names must be unique, you cannot have a public channel and a private channel with exactly the same name. Roku Developer Support can resolve this situation for you by renaming the Private channel for you, as has been done in this case.

- Joel
0 Kudos