Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunilpawar
Visitor

modify index shown in Grid

Hi,

I used grid to display the Videos list, all videos are of same category, so by default grid shows all videos list in one row. if number of videos are around 100 or more than that; if End user want to show 50 number video then he has to scroll.

So i made modification, i increased the rows, only show 5 video in each row, so that end user show the full screen and can easily show maximum number of video in single screen.

Every things running fine, the only problem is that grid show the index of video you have selected/focused e.g "01/05"

let's take example i have 50 videos.
If i used default grid functionality and showing all video list in single row then it show grid index numbering "01/50" OR "10/50" OR "45/50" OR "50/50"

If i divide 50 Video list into 10 rows, so each row show 5 video's list.
since it grid only understand the Row index and column index which are focused/selected: showing in the top-right corner.

on first row it show "03/05", on second row "03/05"; means it show the max number as 05 .

I want to modify the bottom number as 50 , since the total videos are 50 which belongs to same category, but i divided for my purpose.

e.g when i move to 3rd column it should show 11/50 to 15/50, but currently it showing 01/05 to 05/05.

i think above description will understand much about my problem.

So is it possible to override the grid number or indexing shown in the top right corner.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: modify index shown in Grid

Hi,

The index shown at the top right tells you that you are on Row #, item #. You can't override that. You could set the breadcrumb text to show the number of the video if you wanted.

- Joel
0 Kudos