Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

grid counter

Is there any way to alter the grid counter so it shows the focused item/ totalfilelist instead of focused item / focused row ?
thanks.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: grid counter

I don't think that there is but you could probably write a function to do it, by counting and adding up the number of elements in each row before the current row.
aspiring
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

Getting said information to display, since it's not handled that way in the gridscreen component, is going to be a bit of a problem.
The only easy way to do it that I know if is to constantly update the breadcrumb displayed in the top right corner, above the standard grid numbers.
Perhaps it would be easiest to monitor when the focused item changes in your wait loop.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Thanks destruk, I knew it was an iffy thing. I'm already using the breadcrumb so thats out too. Its for a grid where each row is 5 items wide so the counter is superfluous, the shame is that I cant even hide the thing by assigning it the background color, the counter text has a black outline which really looks bad if you do that.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos