Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

caching .ts files

is there any way of deleting these? i am having strange behavior with the m3u8 playlist.

i actually delete the playlist and the files but Roku has cached them and even though the playlist will say something totally different it will still try and play the old files so for example

roku-1-1.ts  
roku-1-2.ts
roku-1-3.ts

Then i delete those from the server and the new set will look like this:
roku-2-1.ts
roku-2-2.ts
roku-2-3.ts

and the m3u8 will say roku-2-3.ts but then the roku will be playing roku-1-3.ts

i hope i explained it without adding all the playlist code. is there a way to delete those files once they are not needed from the roku?
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: caching .ts files

Neither the Roku box nor the HLS spec does not allow changing the playlist randomly. A "Live" playlist can change by removing the first segment from the list and adding a new last segment.

The Roku box polls for a new playlist at least once per target duration. This is when you could make the change in the playlist.

The box will cache all the segments it downloads until it plays them (and even after it plays them to support instant-replay). There is no way to turn this behavior off.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

What does it do when the cache is full?
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

removes the first in.

--Kevin