Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newchannel
Roku Guru

Why am I getting Unspecified or invalid track path/url?

Working on a new channel and wondering what causes this..

I can sideload and it plays the files from xml on server.

Sometimes this happens... if I add files to the xml and then try to play the sideloaded channel, it attempts to load the channel then just gives me an empty screen until I click the Home button.

Then, if I delete the channel using the browser Ip plugin page and clear the registry on the roku and sideload the channel again, then it starts playing again perfectly.

If viewers load it to the their boxes and I make changes to the xml, it should reflect on the viewers boxes. I'm wondering if this is just a problem on my work side or if it's going to cause a problem for viewers.

I used the debugger and it gave me an error where it mentioned it as "Unspecified or invalid track path/url.

Perhaps it is due to the channel playing on sideload at the same time I made changes to the xml?

If you know about this error, please share? The url's to the video play perfectly after I do the delete clear registry so the url's are working.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Why am I getting Unspecified or invalid track path/url?

Are you using a cache buster on the URL for your XML file? You need a cache buster if you want to fetch a file that changes.
The error message indicates that there was no URL specified for the video content. Try printing the URL that you pass to the video player and see if that gives you any clues.

--Mark
0 Kudos