Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imploded

What kind of channel do I have?

Hello, 

I am trying to determine if I can use Rendezvous linking for my channel, or if I am required to use Roku Pay.

I have a web based service that delivers live content for high school sports teams. This content is free, but on occasion, we do a Pay-Per-View event which requires a user login. Purchases are made on the website, and we would like to keep it that way, but also allow people to watch on their Roku devices.

I see that TVE channels are allowed to do this, but I'm not sure this channel fits that description.

Out of the various channel categories (Free, FAST, AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, TVE, PVOD, vMVPD) Which one would this channel be considered to be?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jcgeorge
Channel Surfer

Re: What kind of channel do I have?

So, based on your description, your channel is primarily free content with occasional Transactional VOD content and if I remember the rules correctly, you will have to use Roku Pay due to the presence of TVOD. Rendezvous linking won't be enough.

Your channel definitely does not fit TVE description, as that would imply your users log in using their internet/cable TV subscription. 

0 Kudos