Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandal
Visitor

Unplugging power - Roku XS for 24 hours +

Hi, has anyone seen an issue with a Registered Roku xs asking for the registration code again after the Roku has been powered off over 24 hours? I have tried this 2 times and see the same issue. The registry has the info it needs each time I access my channel to view content and check billing status. Is the registry loosing its memory somehow? I don't want my customers to experience this when I launch. When I add the code back it allows viewing as billing is already checked if paid or not. I have the part where it writes to the registry here.
sec.Write("regid", RegID)
sec.Write("uid", GetUserID(RegID))
sec.Flush()
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: Unplugging power - Roku XS for 24 hours +

If this is the dev app, then yes, I've seen that happen. It doesn't happen however with apps installed as private or public official channels.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

Re: Unplugging power - Roku XS for 24 hours +

Thanks, good to know as it is a Dev app and yet to become a Private or Public channel.

DA
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.