Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Row8-Admin
Reel Rookie

Unable to transact on our sideloaded app with ROKU software version 10.5.0 build 4208-46.

Ever since our roku developer devices were updated to software version 10.5.0 build 4208-46, we are unable to test roku pay on our sideload apps. We have to deploy our channel to be able to transact. It used to work fine. It helped us trouble shoot SVOD. The following is an image of what gets displayed on our screen as soon as we invoke ROKU pay.

Roku pay fail with sideload appThe error message says:

"Could not be process at this time due to an error"

"We were unable to complete your request (error code 006). Please try again"

"Continue"

Any suggestions on how to re enable roku pay on a sideloaded app?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Paulina_Support
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to transact on our sideloaded app with ROKU software version 10.5.0 build 4208-46.

Hi @Row8-Admin,

I'm sorry to inform you that we're experiencing some technical issues. This problem was escalated over the weekend. Please bear with us while our engineers investigate and work on a fix as apparently, billing testing is down across the board, with multiple developers impacted. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update. 

0 Kudos
bgtime
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to transact on our sideloaded app with ROKU software version 10.5.0 build 4208-46.

We are experiencing the same problem. Any update on the progress of the support team?

0 Kudos
goku007
Reel Rookie

Have you got any solution for this? I'm facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Row8-Admin
Reel Rookie

I was just able to sideload the current production build of our ROW8 app onto a Roku Express 3900X running v12.5.0, then complete a transaction within the app. Of course, since a sideload is not a channel, I could not add it to our test users, so the transaction went through as a real payment.

0 Kudos