Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Search Feed JSON Example?

Does anyone have an example JSON search feed they'd be interested in sharing? Particularly for a channel that doesn't conform to the series/season/episode framework?

We have a lot of individual videos, some that are related to each other, many that aren't.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Search Feed JSON Example?

The Channel Feed Manager software I wrote can generate a search feed from your channel feed.  It's available from my signature below.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Thanks @Baradanikto. Unfortunately I'm Mac based.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

You can run Windows programs on a Mac.  Some users on this forum do just that.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Ok, I got a basic JSON search feed together using the Roku sample.

It's submitted and 100% validated (using all 3 validators suggested in the Roku Dev documentation).

Roku generated the SearchBeta channel...and now I'm stuck. I don't get how to "test" with this beta channel.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
AaronMSpelling
Roku Guru

Install the BetaSearch channel, wait about 48 hours, and then perform some searches on your TV using titles from your channel content as search terms.

If you are successful and find your content, and it goes to your beta channel and plays the content, record a couple of searches - open a support ticket with the  Roku Dev Support- and send in the titles you tried and the recording.

The search field will be published if they can replicate your searches with successful results.

0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Thanks. Will give it a try.

0 Kudos