Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nocarrier
Reel Rookie

Roku dev support really is awesome

I know I've been in a few situations where I've been frustrated with Roku's support team for developers.  I realize that my first post to this forum reflected a bit of this frustration, but I was in the dev program for over a year now (even though I just joined the forum).

All throughout the frustrations, I get incredibly surprised at the level of personal support given and recently, a rapid response to an urgent situation (on a SUNDAY NIGHT!)

I would just like to send a big thank you to @RokuJoel for being awesome.  Thanks!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Re: Roku dev support really is awesome

Yeah Joel is pretty awesome. He also helped me with a situation on the weekend once. I'm fairly certain he doesn't have to do stuff like that if he didn't want to, but he does, and it's awesome and so appreciated.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

RokuJoel, RokuKC, RokuMarkN, RokuShawnS are saving grace to "A Fish Called roWanda".

roWanda is a magical, if mostly-deaf golden fish. 
But still - roWanda has magical abilities! If there are enough people - loud enough to make it hear and persistent enough to keep the goal in front, it can change the world!

There are some other great Roku people i have encountered in my dealings with the Co, who do not visit the forums. And then there are those who are not so great - usually for being jaded, apathetic, "it's just a job - i just work here and do what i am told". The latter won't be seen in the forums because nobody pays them to. And unfortunately, "any sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice".

Where was i... right, Roku's developer support - as a whole, not great. As a rule, they drop the ball on proactively following up with cases or even replying to emails. But if you luck out with the person on the other side, things will get done.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

^ What he said.  🙂
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos