Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apple3

Roku channel parental controls

Jump to solution

On the roku channel, I want it to be when I set parental controls to a certain level, pg13 etc, for it to not show movies and TV shows on the roku channel with any higher of a tv rating, is that possible for you guys?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel parental controls

Jump to solution

Greetings @Apple3 @elaineclau 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry of parental control.

For more information about how to restrict content on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: Restrict content with parental controls

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
elaineclau
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I, too, would like to prevent shows that are not within my allowed range to not be seen as an option. I would also like to reset Roku channels suggested shows "because you watched" and "your favorite stars", etc. Everything Roku channel is suggesting is offensive and it's not enough to just limit what can be played. I want true parental controls.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Apple3 @elaineclau 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry of parental control.

For more information about how to restrict content on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: Restrict content with parental controls

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elaineclau
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you read and understand what I requested? Roku allows parents to prevent shows from playing, but does not prevent restricted shows from showing up in searches. I don't want my young children to even see the graphic thumbnails of many TV-MA or R rated shows. You also didn't respond to my feature request to reset the "because you watched" recommendations. I'm glad someone finally saw my post, but that is useless if you don't actually read and comprehend what I'm asking for. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@elaineclau

Thanks for following up. 

Movies and TV shows restricted by your PIN preferences are not hidden or filtered when browsing or searching content on The Roku Channel, but your PIN must be entered before any such title can be played. And we appreciate your input regarding the "because you watch" feature. Rest assured that we'll pass your suggestion on to our team for review and consideration. 

Feel free to share additional feedback, and ideas then post them here at Suggest a Feature.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos