Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsynplus

Roku built-in Dash player is not displaying caption options correctly for the user

Roku built-in Dash player is not displaying caption options correctly for the user. Our content is provided with special accessibility audio captions for hard-of-hearing community, with 3 distinct tracks available for various scenarios in case hard-of-hearing watching, or a combination of people watching TV together (i.e. sign, voice & cues, full).

The dash manifest has distinct Labels for each subtitle track, even though all 3 have the same Language, all 3 tracks must be presented on the player With the Labels, to let users decide the best Captions for their situation.

However currently only a single track is shown, ignoring the other two.

How can I get all three options to show for all content?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku built-in Dash player is not displaying caption options correctly for the user

This may be a bad answer, but can you make the language something like "English1", "English2", "English3"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos