Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Roku Multiple Channels in the same app

Hello,

We want to create Roku Channels for our clients. Do we need to create for each Channel a application or we can put all the channels in the same app?

If we need to create for each Channel an application then each Application/Channel need to be reviews and approved? After a channel is approved it will be automatically added to Roku Channel Store http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Roku Multiple Channels in the same app

If they're not otherwise related, I'd recommend a channel for each client. That way they get their brand in a channel alone can each be maintained separately. it also makes it easier for users to find the content they want to watch.

The listing of channels on the website isn't automatic.
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Ok. And do we need to generate different keys for each channel or we can just use the same key for all the channels?
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"ionatan" wrote:
Ok. And do we need to generate different keys for each channel or we can just use the same key for all the channels?

It's best to use a different key for each channel you build. The only exception is when you have multiple channels that need access to the same registry space.
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

And how I can get a different key? I just make a Rekey?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, just run genkey again. Make sure you keep track of the keys. You'll need the original key if you save settings to the registry and update the channel later on.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos