Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maydogan
Visitor

Roku 5.1 build 1164

Hi,

I developed my private channel and I was using fine till my development unit updated to 5.1 build 1164. I have three Roku 3 boxes. Two of them are still at Version 5.0 build 8045 and my private channel works fine on those two units.
When I realized that my private channel is not working on the unit with Version 5.1 build 1164 I tried to debug it and found a strange bug.

Here is the description of the problem. Hopefully it will help someone else.
I have a function checks the subscription status and returns true for active subscriptions false for expired subscription.

function CheckSubscription() as Boolean
Result=GetJSON("CheckSubscription",GetSubscriberID())
if (Result<>invalid)
if Result[0].Active
ShowDialogScreen("Active Subscription",1)
return true
else
ShowDialogScreen("Expired Subscription",10)
return false
end if
else
return false
end if
end function

I call the above function with
if CheckSubscription() then ShowCategoriesScreen(GetJSON("Categories",GetSubscriberID()))

Code above has no problem with Version 5.0 build 8045 and works just fine. Version 5.1 however makes my channel flash and close whether the CheckSubscription() returns true or false. When I disable ShowDialogScreen lines channel works just fine.

So I think Roku changed Showdialogscreen() function on Version 5.1
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 5.1 build 1164

Hi, you'll have to post more than that for us to track down whether here is a problem. ShowDialogScreen isn't a function in the SDK, so it must be a function you created in your channel, pehaps it is something within that function that is the issue.

- Joel
0 Kudos
maydogan
Visitor

Sorry my bad. I must be losing my mind 🙂
ShowDialogscreen is my function and the code is

function ShowDialogScreen(Message as String,SleepTime as integer)
dialog = CreateObject("roOneLineDialog")
dialog.SetTitle(Message)
dialog.ShowBusyAnimation()
dialog.Show()
Sleep(SleepTime*1000)
dialog.Close()
end function
0 Kudos
unbiased
Visitor

Hi, My Roku3 is on 5.0 build 8045 and it says it is up-to-date when I check for updates.
What and where did this 5.1 build 1164 come from and when was it released I am wondering?
Does it fix the MP3 live streaming slow buffering issue with music channels?
0 Kudos
maydogan
Visitor

Hi,

I'm not sure when it came out but I think 07/25 or 07/26. Like I said in my previous post I have three Roku 3 boxes and 2 of them are still 5.0 and only one is at 5.1. The only difference developer mode is enabled on the one that got updated. I haven't tested any MP3 live streaming so I can't really tell if there is any improvements.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

I think 5.1 may be in the early stages of limited release.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I have no problem showing a dialog on 5.1b 1164. I'm thinking that something else is going on. Use some print statements to see if your program execution is even getting to that line, for example, if result=invalid, then neither of your ShowDialogScreen lines will ever be called.

- Joel
0 Kudos