Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grj1225

Rlp999 errors on Spectrum App

I have 7 tvs in my house with 7 Roku devices. The devices are all 4-5 years old. The tvs are all different ages, styles, and brands. All were working 2 days ago. Suddenly 2 of our tvs would no longer work with the spectrum app. I would get buffering and the rlp999 error codes.  I did everything suggested- restart Roku, restart tv, restart modem, delete and reinstall spectrum app. Nothing worked- all other TVs were fine and all other apps were fine. Finally we switched out the Roku ultra on the tv that wasn’t working with one of the Roku streaming sticks from one of the working TVs. It worked with spectrum. And the Roku ultra on the other tv that did work now didn’t. It seemed that only the Roku sticks were working with spectrum. Whose problem is that? Is there something specific about the different Roku devices that mean they work differently with the spectrum app? Do we need different apps for the different Roku devices or is the problem with spectrum?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rlp999 errors on Spectrum App

Hi @Grj1225,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience with the Spectrum channel that has an error message. At the same time, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've performed to try to resolve the issue.

However, when removing the channel, please make sure that you are restarting your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

If you are still unable to resolve it, we would recommend reaching out to Spectrum support directly regarding that specific error code. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Spectrum Support.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos