Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CleverGuys
Channel Surfer

Publishing canceled - channel updated

Our channel was supposed to publish today; all cert tests passed, and both email and developer dashboard showed it as "Publishing." Last night, when I reloaded the My Channels page, it turned back to "Unpublished." When I clicked on Preview to see if there was a status update, I got a popup that said the channel was updated so the publication was canceled. Also got an email that said that. I have filled out the online form for the Partner Support and followed up in ZenDesk, but have heard nothing. This is a new channel and it hasn't been updated since we submitted it. We have hundreds of people expecting to see this today. Any ideas how I can get someone's attention to look at this? All I can think is when I reloaded the My Channel page, it somehow thought that was an update for the channel.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
CleverGuys
Channel Surfer

Re: Publishing canceled - channel updated

FYI we did just push the channel to publish again. It says Nov 2, but we really need to have this before then (as our original date was Oct 31). Anybody know how to reach someone to try to get this ticket looked at?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I can't really help, but I have had the same thing happen.  It seemed like just checking on something in the developer Dashboard caused it to cancel publishing.

I've had good results with Partner Success and terrible results.  Hopefully they'll get back to you quickly.  Every once in a while someone knowledgeable from Roku notices a post here, but it seems to be rare.  Most of the Roku moderators are lacking to say the least.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CleverGuys
Channel Surfer

Thank you. At this point I'm just super appreciative of any help from anyone. And noting (1) stay out of the channel dashboard when something is waiting to publish and (2) get everything done earlier to allow for unexpected issues.

0 Kudos
AaronMSpelling
Roku Guru

The only fast way for this would be to publish a Beta channel - if it takes minutes to be live, you can share the link with up to 20 people. 

AaronMSpelling
Roku Guru

As a "general rule,"  after you submit a channel for publishing - any change you make in the settings - will invalidate the submission and you need to re-submit the channel. In some cases, only accessing one of the settings pages will invalidate the current submission. So, the best thing is not to change anything in your settings until the channel is published.

it is just the way it is .... 

0 Kudos
CleverGuys
Channel Surfer

We've got a Beta channel, but there's closer to 500 people that need to watch this tomorrow ... ;). Appreciate your reply. Definitely a learning experience for me - stay out of the dashboard when something is publishing! 

0 Kudos