Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig0678
Visitor

Not Enough Storage for my new Private Channel

I created my first Private Channel to showcase home vids/photos fo my fam. I think I wave worked out all the bugs, i can add the channel via my Account. I can see the added channel in My Channel Store. However, when I go to "Go to Channel" , I get the "Not enough Storage..." message. I have done the following to try to fix:
1. Removed all channels except Netflix and Shutterfly (I CAN add new channels, just not my newly created Private Channel)
2. System Reset both via Settings AND via Reset button on Box.
3. I have deleted and recreated an User Account

I have an original ROKU XD.
My Package is 130k
I'm really not wanting to use a third party channel as I was hoping to use this opportunity to Learn to create roku channels by doing a "simple" home movie stream channel - yeah right, not so "simple".

Any help as to why my channel can't be added to my list would be helpful and appreciated. is 130k REALLY too big for this box? Before now i have had upto 25 channels before getting any message re: low storage.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not Enough Storage for my new Private Channel

You'll get that message if your files aren't packaged correctly. Make sure you're zipping everything properly.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Re: Not Enough Storage for my new Private Channel

Check your package to make sure you don't have anything extra in it. (only manifest, brs, images, maybe font)
Reduce the size of any images as much as possible. (jpg compression)
0 Kudos