Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickcbs

Netflix on my Roku devices constantly sends you back to the Home Screen.

I thought I had a hardware problem my TV.   Every time I try Netflix, it won’t stay on for more than 30 seconds before it returns to the home Roku screen.   It’s not the TV, it’s a software problem.   It happens on all of my TV’s

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix on my Roku devices constantly sends you back to the Home Screen.

Hi @Nickcbs,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll be gathering more information regarding your concern at the same time providing troubleshooting steps for you to perform in solving the issue. May we know what specific Roku devices are you having issues with? Also, is this issue only occurring with the Netflix channel, or are other channels affected?

In the meantime, perform these troubleshooting steps below.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

After performing, kindly check to see if there are any improvements. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos