Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlramirez77
Channel Surfer

Local Media Streaming broken?

Not to raise too much ire over this, but Chris over at PlayOn posted this on their Forum pertaining to Roku 2 + PlayOn being broken.

"There isn't much we, or any Roku SDK developer, can do for local media streaming without a firmware update from Roku."

Can anyone comment on local media streaming with respect to this claim? Thanks.

RussR
Roku XD, Roku XS, PlayOn, Windows Media Center, Boxee, iPhone remotes, 12 Mbps Charter
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
houndsnmore
Visitor

Re: Local Media Streaming broken?

Can you please help me? lAST NIGHT my YOU TUBE channel blocked me out! called my friends and they said the same.Now this morning all my friends are back on called me and played videos i know of on the phone to me.I am still blocked out of YOU TUBE.I have a big RED BANNER over where you would press play.There is know play to click on any more!Please Help me!!!! I bought two roku boxes,its the only channel i watch.Roku is use no good to me without this channel! houndsnmore@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

^^^Try entering and then exiting the channel store.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

Hopefully they refund your money since they're unable to fix it.
0 Kudos