Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

Lazy Loading in EPG

Hello.
How I can implement lazy loading in EPG?
Two Sections should be in attention to do this:
1) Channels - When the end of list channels is coming soon (in up/down buttons listing) -> Upload additional channels
2) Programs - When the end of list programs is coming soon (in left/right buttons listing) -> Upload additional programs

I think Observers should be used. But EPG allows to observe only programs indexes. - https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/EPGGrid, cannot get channel row index.

I supposed that ArrayGrid (as parent node) can helps me (such as focusRow and focusColumn) but no (they are always zero)
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Re: Lazy Loading in EPG

As far as I know there is no build in functionality to do this. I actually suggested this among other things as a future improvement to RokuJoel. Let's wait and see:)
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

There will be improved loading in 7.1 for the EPG Grid.

- Joel
0 Kudos
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

"RokuJoel" wrote:
There will be improved loading in 7.1 for the EPG Grid.

- Joel

1) When 7.1 will be released?
2) Will be better if we wait of your implementation or make lazy loading to work manually?
3) EPG Grid Customization will be improved in 7.1? We want a custom elements of channels/programs.
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos