Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayze
Reel Rookie

Implementing Monthly Subscription to New Channel

I currently have a developed roku app in progress. 
The app consists of 1 brightscript file ("main.brs") 
and 3 xml files. 

I am having a tough time trying to implement Roku Pay with this app, in order to simply charge a monthly subscription to use it. 

I see options such as
- Simple Channel Store
- TVOD
- SVOD
- Authentication Linking Channel
etc.. 

Really think the ability to use subscriptions would be handled more from Roku's side since the company manages billing users from those apps. 

I see samples though github but finding a lot of the code has features like "Sign In, and Sign Up"
along with much more Brightscript code included.  

Not sure how to go about a simple implementation where user adds channel, subscribes, and uses the app. 

Is it possible to make this work with only using XML? 
Which type of subscription would you prefer? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Implementing Monthly Subscription to New Channel

You may want to take a look at the wizard tool I created in my signature below. It supports subscriptions. At a minimum, you can see how you can implement support for subscriptions.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Cgibbons

I need to find out why I’m getting Bill for all these different channels that I have that I don’t have. I only want three subscriptions and I have like eight or 10 or 12 charges on my debit card for different things that I don’t have

0 Kudos
HarperWard

Have you found the answer?

0 Kudos