Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBlues
Roku Guru

Re: IP Camera Viewer v4.0 with RTSP/ONVIF support released

On my roku, the ip camera viewer pro says it's up to date at 5.3, build 0. Maybe that's part of the problem I keep having, it won't update any higher.

I have several Roku's so I"ll check each. On the roku site, it shows I have the app installed but it does not show any version number.

0 Kudos
Athlon646464
Channel Surfer

I have no idea which version I have - where do you find that?

Also - do you have an RPi? (Raspberry Pi)

0 Kudos
DaBlues
Roku Guru

With the app highlighted on roku, press * to see details.
I have lots of raspi and other pi clones, yes.

0 Kudos
Athlon646464
Channel Surfer

Then follow the instructions I gave you this morning using your RPi.

I also have version 5.3, build 0.

0 Kudos
DaBlues
Roku Guru

I'm not going to dedicate a pi board to this but I appreciate the link and will keep it in mind.

0 Kudos
Athlon646464
Channel Surfer

I didn't dedicate one either - I added it to the one running Plex for me. - Works great.

0 Kudos
DaBlues
Roku Guru

It does sound interesting. I'm sure I'll give it a try as I think about it.

I've been using zoneminder for many years and started playing around with both python and QT to build my own LAN based monitoring system. Just never enough time to focus.

Thanks for the input, it's very useful.

0 Kudos
jspilde
Binge Watcher

I bought a Raspberry Pi 4B, got everything installed and when I web browse to the Pi IP it comes up with a blank page. I tried a new SD card with the latest Ubuntu and it does the same. With Raspbian I also tried the installphp5.sh and it returns some configuration text but does not appear to run correctly. Anyone have thoughts on what to try?

0 Kudos
Athlon646464
Channel Surfer

I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/e1ioan/rokuphp

I did that to an RPi I already had working (Plex). If I were you, I would start over by installing the default operating system, then activate VNC and install the VNC app on your PC. Get that working 1st, so you know you have a working system. You should be able to run your RPi from your PC this way.

On the RPi, VNC is installed by default, but you have to activate it. Instructions for that can be found on the RPi website with a quick search.

Then, add his software following his steps very carefully. 

0 Kudos
jspilde
Binge Watcher

The install script ran fine but the page would load as a blank white screen or with php5 some php code. It was the same with Ubuntu 24. I enabled SSH and VNC and ran remotely to confirm.

I then installed Raspbian Legacy 32bit and installed the 1st script and it worked! I'll give 64 bit a try again at some point. I have my all my Reolink cameras working with the sub feeds. I'll have to do more testing with the main feeds.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.