Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsromeo
Channel Surfer

IMAGES ON POSTER SCREEN

Hi -

I am using MRSS feed to populate a list of episodes and each episode has SDPosterURL/HDPosterURL. I am using "flat-episodic" style for poster screen and currently image only shows when an episode is selected. Is there any way I can make image show for all episodes instead of tiny gray boxes on the sides? Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: IMAGES ON POSTER SCREEN

There is currently no way to make that happen with "flat-episodic" (an oversight on our part that we will correct). Other styles, like "flat-episodic-16x9" will display side posters.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuKevin" wrote:
There is currently no way to make that happen with "flat-episodic" (an oversight on our part that we will correct). Other styles, like "flat-episodic-16x9" will display side posters.

--Kevin

Please tell me that you'll "correct" it as an option, and not make it mandatory. I find the greyed out episode number as an indication of watched/not watched invaluable, particularly in one of my upcoming channels, and particularly with a series of episodes that all share the same poster art, as it gets redundant and disorienting otherwise.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
rsromeo
Channel Surfer

I prefer the gray boxes myself as well but my client prefers to see the images. Optional would be the way to go for sure!
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Yes. As an option, like it currently is in flat-episodic-16x9.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuKevin" wrote:
Yes. As an option, like it currently is in flat-episodic-16x9.

--Kevin

Can you explain? I don't see anything obvious in the documentation that allows you to specify poster or episode number with flat-episodic-16x9.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

From Section 4.3 of the Component Reference:

4. In order to see poster art in the side posters instead of episode numbers, please ensure that the SDPosterUrl and HDPosterUrl are defined for the content and that episodeNumber is not defined for that content. EpisodeNumber overrides the poster URL.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuKevin" wrote:
From Section 4.3 of the Component Reference:

4. In order to see poster art in the side posters instead of episode numbers, please ensure that the SDPosterUrl and HDPosterUrl are defined for the content and that episodeNumber is not defined for that content. EpisodeNumber overrides the poster URL.

--Kevin

Perfect! Thanks!
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Odd, I'm running into this problem on a Roku 3 w/ 7.0 firmware. flat-episodic is not displaying the side thumbs (no episode # is set, and SD and HD poster images are set). It works fine for flat-episodic-16x9
0 Kudos