Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomsch82
Reel Rookie

I don't come into the developer mode since 3 days

I use the combination:

Home 3X
up 2x
right, left, right, left,
Right.

to come into the developer mode options, but it doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

Re: I don't come into the developer mode since 3 days

If you sideloaded any known piracy apps using developer mode, your device (or account) may have been flagged. 

tomsch82
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply @TwitchBronBron. Is there any way to see if my account or my device has been flagged? Is there a list of known apps where this could happen?

0 Kudos
philanderson777
Roku Guru

Is developer mode not a one-off event anyway?  You just do it once, then your device is permanently set to developer mode.

To check the option of @TwitchBronBron that this may be related to your account, the solution would be to create a clean account using a clean email.

0 Kudos
tomsch82
Reel Rookie

you can switch it on or off yes.

If I use a new account, I have to reconfig all Apps, right?

0 Kudos
philanderson777
Roku Guru

yes, so did you switch it off developer mode but then could not re-enable it?   

I guess, yes, that would be a pain, if you create a new account you would have to configure from scratch

0 Kudos
can2

I also recently got my device dev mode blocked. I didn't install any new channels for year. The device had sideloaded channel that I developed for a long time and I didn't updatу it month or two. A couple of weeks ago I turned device on and found dev mode doesn't work. Partner Success doesn't answer me. What I can do to unblock device and remove flag? Will factory reset and connecting to new account help?

0 Kudos