Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manolo305
Reel Rookie

How do I upload content?I recently converted from Direct publisher to SDk

Hi,

I hope all is well, I recently changed my channel from Direct Publisher to SDK, I used to use Vimeo to upload content, can I still use the Vimeo feed? Also how do I upload new content to the Channel as it is now SDK, I see the option to upload package how can I do that ? #html #roku

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Re: How do I upload content?I recently converted from Direct publisher to SDk

You can still use the Vimeo feed as long as the SDK template supports the feed used!

The SDK package once encrypted and uploaded to Roku does not need to be changed or updated when you add videos to the channel. The feed is linked to your SDK package and channel and the feed only gets updated with the new content!

The feed should have category tags and queries or category tags and playlist to parse categories on different lines of the channel or you will get one line of videos only!

You can take a Vimeo feed and edit it in a text editor and add category tags with queries or category tags and playlist and host it yourself on a web hosting server or get a service to use and manage!

If you know how to create a JSON feed you can create a new feed and use the links from Vimeo to host your videos.

If you would like help with JSON feed creation and/or SDK Channel creation you can contact me at admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos