Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobSMS
Visitor

Re: Free Roku 4 for established developers?

"renojim" wrote:
Just wondering, why do you feel you need a Roku 4 on which to develop? I still use my N1000 as much as any other unit for developing.

-JT

I have one of each generation here to test, though since the N1XXX is no longer getting firmware updates that gen has been removed from our testing setup.

Some of our content is already 4k/60fps/HDR, so at some point it will be available to the public and I'd like to have a concept of how it works before I pushed it out to our users.

As for primary development, I generally use a Roku 2 XD or a Roku 3 as that's what 99% of our viewers have. I guess it all depends on what your working with, but yes, I need one.
Need Apps Templates? Content Management for OTT/IPTV? Check me out @ http://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I plan to pick one up too, for testing, too see if there are any little idiosyncrasies, how the remote exactly handles multiple button presses, how load times and other stuff is effected by the new hardware, etc.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'm sure I'll pick up one eventually, I just don't fee the need right now. However... if Roku takes EnTerr up on his idea, I'd be more than happy to take one. :mrgreen:

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.