Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krh5150
Visitor

FFMPEG Help

Hi,

I know this may not be the proper place to post this, but I'm having difficulty in the timing of image capturing with FFMpeg.

All I would like to do is capture a single image for either every 30 seconds or 1 minute of a video. The parameters -r and -vframes are not working as I thought from the documentation I found for FFMpeg.

Does anyone have any proven examples of capturing a single image for every 30 seconds of a video? I either end up with an image for every frame or an image for every 4 seconds.

Thanks,
Kevin
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
bandal
Visitor

Re: FFMPEG Help

Take a look at bif video file creator from Burning Bush Software.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: FFMPEG Help

or, simply use the ffmpeg command line.

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... leCreation

For a single image every 30 seconds, rather than using -r .1 like the example (1 image per 10 seconds), use -r 1/30

Note the caveats listed in the roku documentation - it's fairly simple code to rename all the jpgs before creating the bif file with them - or Microsoft Expression can batch rename files in a folder to whatever you like in a few seconds if you prefer end-user friendly tools.

c:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i "filename.mp4" -q:v 1 -r 1/30 -s 320x240 images%05d.jpg
0 Kudos